Sunday, October 2, 2016

Italy stole a Pisa my heart



We couldn't end our trip through Italy without making a visit to the gorgeous Tuscany region, and our first stop there was in Pisa. Please excuse the title of this post, but as you can see from the picture above, the town itself is not afraid to make a pun of their name :)

I already wrote about how we left Pisa in the pouring rain, but when we arrived it was actually warm and beautifully sunny. After dropping our belongings off at our guesthouse, we straight away headed into town to check out the famous 'Leaning Tower' and of course take some typical posing pictures.

We also checked out the botanic garden which is not far from the Piazza del Duomo. The botanic garden is home to a beautiful bamboo forest, as well as a cactus greenhouse. It is worth a walk around for the small admission fee. 







Although I had been on a day trip to Pisa before, I had not seen much of the town, apart from the main Piazza del Duomo. I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the town was. While it may not be as grand and beautiful as Florence,  the capital of the Tuscany region, it is still charming and full of beautiful architecture. 
I just love Italy, and I think the more I visit it, the more I grow to love it ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment