Friday, September 16, 2016

Hi, my name is Hannah, and my partner and I,  along with our 6 month old baby, are about to begin a 6 month backpacking trip across south east Asia.
Myself and my partner, Nathan, would like to share this journey with you to show that the only limits to what you want to achieve are the limits that you place on yourself.
Travel is a truly soul enriching experience and we want to expose our daughter to this from a young age. Although she will not remember this trip, she will at least be able to look back on photographs and posts that we will write here. We have already spent the past 6 weeks travelling through France and Italy, and our daughter has been an absolute trooper! We have also learnt from our mistakes (not packing lightly being one of them!), and now feel better prepared for our big trip.
A bit of background about us... Nathan and I met in Krakow, Poland, in 2013 at his hostel bar. I was then taking part in a volunteer exchange, teaching English in a small town in Poland. Nathan and I quickly found that we had a lot of things in common, the biggest thing being our love of traveling. It was Nathan's passion for travel that led him to set up his chain of hostels in Romania and Poland, after his first backpacking trip through Europe.
It didn't take long for me to be infected with the 'travel bug' and I loved the lifestyle of living in Europe. Being able to take an overnight train and wake up in a different country was just thrilling for me, coming from Australia. This meant that by the time my trip in Europe was supposed to come to an end, I wasn't ready to leave, and Nathan didn't want me to leave either , as our relationship had just begun ...
Fast forward three and a bit years and we now have a 6 month old daughter named Charlotte, who we are just in love with, and are planning to get married in 2017. We have already lived in two different countries together and traveled to many more. And... we plan to visit even MORE places together as a little family  and share our experiences with like minded travel loving people ❤



The three of us in Portovenere, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment